Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pattern Drafting --- A Drop-shouldered Blouse


I drated this pattern using "Pattern drafting & grading: Women's and misses' garment design." I first drafted their fitted bodice base pattern, using the measurements of the girl I intended to make this blouse for, and this pattern drafting book's ratios and techniques. I then followed the instructions given in the pattern drafting book for my desired design (shown below). I made the "sleeves" according to another design from the same book, using a drop shoulder method found in the pattern drafting book. I had to make a peplum for the bottom of this blouse, because this blouse pattern is meant to be used for a dress, and so ends exactly at the waist. (Therefore, the peplum piece begins exactly at the waist and continues to the end of the blouse.) I used the hip extension for the bodice base pattern as a template for my peplum.













(Pattern Drafting and Grading, pg. 25)

No comments:

Post a Comment